Football In The Bible
- In the beginning God created the Premiership and BSkyB
- And God said, Let there be light entertainment: and there was light entertainment.
- And God saw the light entertainment, that it was good: and God divided the light (Division 1) from the darkness (Divisions 2-4).
- And God called the light THE PREMIER LEAGUE TM, and the darkness he called THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
- And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, synthetic and real and also creosote markings.
- And God said, Let there be floodlights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night. And let them be to give light upon the pitch: and it was so. And let not Malaysian betting syndicates remove this light; but it was not always so.
- And God created in his own image Richard Keys and Andy Gray, though he made Richard with great hair, even on his hands.
Andy, less so.
For many years the two reigned in paradise, but wisdom was gained through disobedience at severe cost. And the lord saw that misogyny was their forbidden fruit and their downfall was a snake.
- But before all could progress, new laws were set in place for the citizens and the devils and the pensioners and the toffees and the canaries and the Geordie tribe and the Mackems from the north and the gunners and their neighbours the spurs and more.
- And God spoke all these words, to all, but mostly to the citizens:
The Eight Commandments
- I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Moss Side, out of the land of debt.
- You shall have no other gods before me, not even David Silva.
- You shall not murder Sloop John B songs, even if the city is yours.
- You shall not commit adultery, unless you are a footballer or Russell Brand.
- You shall not steal, unless it’s a leverage scheme and a loose Fit & Proper test has been passed.
- You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour by pretending they have lots of empty seats.
- You shall not covet your neighbour’s house. You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife unless you are Ryan Giggs, or his male or female servant unless you are Ryan Giggs, his ox or donkey unless you are Ryan Giggs, or anything that belongs to your neighbour, unless you are Ryan Giggs.
- Then hear thou in heaven, and of thy people Manchester, that thou teach them the good way wherein they should walk (with a swagger), and give rain upon thy land, which thou hast given to thy people for an inheritance and also as a curse. And a great plague was sent down on Manchester, and it rained for 40 days and 40 nights, and then another 40 days and 40 nights, and so on and so forth for all of eternity. And yet still when the rain did relent the lord said until his people that there would be a hosepipe ban. And further plagues were sent down on the people, first swarms of glory-hunters then Monday night football then Jim White.
- But before all this came a man with false hair to rule over the Citizens. And at first all was well and Peter (Swales) doth say this is easy, but it was not easy.
- The people did lose heart and rebelled, refusing to enter Maine Road and crying for a new leader who would take them back to the promised land.
- During these years of wandering in the wilderness, Swales’ patience was continually tested by the murmurings, grumblings, and complaints of the people. At one point, Swales’ patience reached its breaking point and he sinned against the Lord, in anger against the people, by signing Steve Daley.
- When hence he did depart, their saviour arrived, but nothing was well still.
- The citizens turned and took a journey into the wilderness by the way of Division 2, as the LORD spake unto them: and they compassed administration many days and many months. And the LORD spake unto them, saying, “Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward.”
- Now rise up, and get you over the black burn. And they went over the black burn.
- And the space in which they came from York, until they were come over the black burn was two years;
- And Jesus provided many miracles, not least the return to the Premiership. And he did feed the 5000 (Fulham (H)), yet still they did run out of chicken balti pies by half-time. And Jesus said: “I have compassion for these people: they have already been with me 90 minutes and have nothing to eat, and they have been with Stuart Pearce for three years and have no goals to see.”
- And Jesus expelled the money changers from the temple, accusing them of turning the temple into a den of thieves, especially those ***** at Viagogo.
- Thaksin was expelled into the wilderness, and he fled to the east. And all the while Sven begat Ulrika and Nancy and Faria and begat anyone who moved.
- And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which were in Moss Side and now Beswick, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
- And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Shinawatras, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Mansours, and the Sheikhs, and the snazzy F1 race, and the desert, and that appalling Michael Owen helicopter video on Youtube.
- Seriously, look it up. It’s terrible.
- If thy people go out to battle against their enemy, whithersoever thou shalt send them, and shall pray unto the LORD toward the Citeh which thou hast chosen, and toward the council house that I have built for thy name. And my followers will not care about defeat, both now and the previous week, because of inebriation. And that shall be OK.
- And so it was noted in Leviticus (19:27): “ You shall not round off the side growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard, and to maintain the strength of your bitterness and lies your moustache should never diminish.”
- Now the Philistines gathered together their armies to battle, and were gathered together at the theatre of dreams, which belongeth to Trafford, and was pitched between Manchester and Salford, in the north.
- And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Alex, of Govan, whose height was six cubits and a span.
- And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a nose as red as the blood of the citizens of Bethlehem;
- And he had by him Wayne of Rooney. And Wayne had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders. And this brass was as old as the hills of Mezualeb.
- When Graham Poll and all referees heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraid. And all the men of the FA, when they saw the man, fled from him, and were sore afraid.
- Now Roberto was the son of that Aldo and Marianna; and he had two sons, who he placed in the reserves. And he asked what shall be done to the man that defeateth this Philistine, and doth knock him off his perch?
- And the people answered him after this manner, saying, so shall it be done to the man that killeth him, thou shall be inducted by Garry Cook into the Manchester United hall of fame.
- And Roberto put his hand in his bag, and took thence a billion petrodollars, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
- So Roberto prevailed over the Philistine with silva and more, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of Roberto. And during this period did all witness the Exodus.
- And so it was only 3-1, but the crowds did depart. It was only 4-1, yet more had left. It was only 5-1, yet the empty seats were plentiful. And then it was 6-1, and the land was bare. And so it came to pass that it should have been 10. And they did thank themselves that it was not 10, and considered the good fortune of the illegitimate.
- And it came to pass in the eighteenth year after the children of England were come out of the land of the football league, in the fourth year of Mansour’s reign over the Citizens, in the month May, which is the fifth month, that Roberto finished building the house of the champions*.
- And the City had no need of the sun, neither of the blue moon, to shine in it: for the glory of petrodollars did lighten it. And the people did say Agueroooooo. And the word of the citizens came to Roberto, saying, “Blessed are the owners, and may all their teas be chippy teas”.
- And the lord did say “Drink it in. Go forth and celebrate, for you will never see anything like this again.” And they did drink it in and they continued to drink it in and some are still drinking it in.
- But the rejoicing did wane as a great curse returned on the team. Roberto was betrayed by one of his apostles, probably the kit-man, who did travel to the Sun and tell of his master’s tyrannical ways.
- And so from a cold land came a holistic man who brought with him many goals.
- And the knight finally departed, not only because he was of great years and his powers had waned, but also because he transgresseth by wine. But the fear of his followers, who numbered three billion and ten, were assured not to worry, as on the mountain of Sinai in the summer of the 14th year of the millennium the chalice which no one yet knew was poisoned was passed to the chosen one: David from the town of Glasgow in the north. And they did proclaim that the legacy did live on.
- And so it came to pass. But they couldn’t, because they were English, so the chosen one led his followers back into the wilderness. But behold! There was great rejoicing in the west as it came to be that they now had an official drinks partner for America and Asia.
- And a star rose in the east, and the Lord called him Adnan. And he came from the land of Albania and the land of Belgium and the land of Kosovo and the land of the English. And he told the Lord that he did not know from whence he had come. But the Lord and all around him saw that he shone brighter than any other star, and he guided the wise men to Bethlehem and beyond, into the realm of the cusp of the Europa Cup.
- Blessed is the war chest for it shall break open and restore the power of those in red. And the growth begins and it shall be organic, both through history and success, in the west and especially in the east, where their star shines brightest. And it will be so as is it is in their DNA. And the chosen one went forth once more and he proclaimed “we are back!”
- But then they were defeated at home to Swansea.
- And David did proclaim (Psalms 3:6): “I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.” And he had by him the holy trinity, so all was well in the kingdom.
- But more support was coming in the dark. For, lo, David did raise up the Men In Black, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwelling places that are not theirs. They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.
- They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand. And they shall force Rio Ferdinand to sign a new contract. But they shall not force Nemanja Vidic to stay as he leaves the chosen ones.
- And having slain some families on Wembley Way they doth proclaim: our work is done. And it had to be so, as they did not return to the land of the twin towers for a long time.
- But the blue tribe had become too powerful, and the other tribes doth protest at this power, which had not been earned how they wanted it to be. And thus Michel pushed for new laws, for he was angry as he had a woman’s name.
- And one man who protested hard was Arsene Wenger, but to no avail, as in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. And the weight of Arsene’s coat was five thousand shekels of gold.
- The special one did also speak, and he did speak some more, then some more and the lord said to the people “please shut up this interminable bore” but the special one was not for shutting up and he doth speak some more.
- Jesus, crosses, blah blah…..